Responder
Mensagem
Autor
HorseMan
Registado: domingo mar 01, 2009 4:52 pm

Where to buy?

#1 Mensagem por HorseMan » domingo mar 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Hello.

I hope there are some that can tip me about some good places in Portugal. I have started to look for a Lusitano in Portugal but find it a little difficult. Where are the best website to find horses for sale? Is looking on web the best thing or is there someone that know the best horsedealer? When I look at web they never write the price, its irritating and it gives me the impression that they will change the price after your knowledge. I dont like that since I dont have to much knowledge, so who shall I make contact to if I like a good horse and good value for money?
Something I should look out for beyond the normal "horsetraps"?

John

Sofia e Sabre
Monitor de Equitação
Registado: quarta abr 18, 2007 5:43 am

Re: Where to buy?

#2 Mensagem por Sofia e Sabre » domingo mar 01, 2009 11:33 pm

Hi John,

It might not be such a good idea to look for a horse in the internet: the best thing you can do is to get some phone numbers and adresses and visit the studfarms yourself. However, if you don't have the time to do so, you should probably hire someone that you trust to select some of the best horses for you to see: don't ever buy a horse without riding it a couple of times first.

The horses buisness in Portugal is pretty much the same as in any other country: there are very honest people and some who... just aren't. As such, you should also have the horse checked by a vet.

michael_holandés
Sela 07 (estribo de prata)
Registado: quinta fev 12, 2004 2:43 pm

#3 Mensagem por michael_holandés » quarta mar 04, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi John are you in the Uk or somewhere else?. If you just go to Portugal to buy without having your connections then the price will go up significally. My advice is to get some native person to go with you and give them a comission, you will still be out cheaper then going on your own

J.Afonso
Sela 07 (estribo de prata)
Registado: quinta dez 30, 2004 4:09 pm

#4 Mensagem por J.Afonso » quinta mar 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi!
you should follow the advices that our friend gave you.

I have nothing to do with horse-market, but I know some honest persons involved, so if you need "a hand", mail me.....

.....and remember....always ask for the original documents and get a vet to see the horse.....

Best regards

Afonso
Orgulho de ser Alentejano!

Responder

Voltar para “Puro Sangue Lusitano”